Staring At The Sun
Space Shuttle Old Yeller landed safely this morning with its crew all in one piece. Well, technically speaking, the crew is in in six pieces. USA Today reported recently on the traditional alarm clock NASA uses to wake the buggers out of their slumber. NASA pipes in songs chosen by their loved ones back on terra firma. The Billboard chart of top tunes goes something like this:
1. Off We Go into the Wild Blue Yonder, 13 times
2. Anchors Aweigh, 12 times
3. The Marine Corps Hymn, 10 times
4. I Got You Babe, 10 times; by Sonny & Cher
5. What a Wonderful World, 6 times; by Louis Armstrong
6. I Got You (I Feel Good), a perennial favorite, by James Brown
Other Past Selections:
Waltzing Matilda, Sweet Home Alabama, Changes in Latitudes Changes in Attitudes, Should I Stay or Should I Go?
Probably just off the chart:
We Are Scientists - Ode to Star L23 (mp3)
You'd think Thus Spake Zarathustra would be a biggie. Maybe it's the whole "murdered by the computer" subtext that lessens its popularity.